For the application package click here
INTERSOS Hellas is hereby addressing the second open call for expression of interest to all interested parties wishing to submit a project proposal for the implementation of Intensive Greek language lessons project. The project is implemented supported by UNHCR and funded by the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund of the European Union.
The objective of the project is the design and implementation of a Greek Language Learning Program that gives refugees and asylum seekers the opportunity to learn Greek as a second language. The project will focus on developing literacy skills in adults and creating a stable environment that is conductive to learning. The program should also focus on laying the ground for the implementation of a longer-term program which will have the goal of preparing higher-level students for the language tests that are conducted by the Greek State.
The program will be implemented in “Agia Eleni” Ioannina and will cater to the 15+ demographic.
Through participation in this program, students will be able to develop the basic life skill of literacy, which in turn will help them build their confidence and enable their engagement in daily life. This will lead to stronger possibilities for integration and will reduce the risk of alienation.
After these frame students must have the opportunity to build the skills and techniques needed to pass the State language tests
The design and implementation of the program should be based on modern educational methods and take into account the specific characteristics of the participants. In particular, the training program should include the following:
- Analysis and understanding of cognitive background and need of students. Students should be divided in classes according to their level of knowledge of the Greek language.
- The educational material should correspond to the needs and interests of the students.
- Each student should participate in a minimum of 10 hours of language training per week.
- The program is to be implemented according to the educational principles in Adult Learning Theory.
- Establishment of minimum (2) classes
For more information regarding the call click here