Terms of Reference
|Job Title||Shelter Officer|
|Project||“HELIOS-Hellenic Integration Support for Beneficiaries of International Protection and Temporary Protection “|
|Reports to||Senior Program Manager, Project Officer, Project Officer Assistant|
|Duties and tasks||
Purpose/objective of the position:
The Shelter Officer will collaborate closely with the program beneficiaries to support access in affordable housing and familiarization with the everyday life in Epirus and Thessaly.
Shelter Officer Specific Tasks
● Provide information to beneficiaries on location’s housing market.
● Work directly with beneficiaries in transitioning out of emergency housing and connecting them to affordable housing solutions based on their socioeconomic circumstances.
● Support beneficiaries in establishing understanding of housing costs and create plans for long term affordability for family.
● Work closely with landlords/housing providers to develop incentive models for housing affordability.
● Accompany beneficiaries through the lease negotiations as well as any other legal and bureaucratic procedures associated with housing.
● Deliver workshops and individual guidance to beneficiaries regarding the maintenance of the apartment (such as damages, cleaningness, disinfections, etc)
● Troubleshoot any logistical or administrative problems.
● Ensure services are delivered on time and are not duplicated by other project partners.
Monitoring and Reporting
Provide regular progress reports to Project Officer.
Perform any other tasks as may be requested or required by the job.
Previous Working Experience and Skills Required:
- University Degree in related field, preferably from Technical Institutions
- Master’s degree in administration or program management will be taken into account
- Native Greek speaker and fluency in English, both written and verbal
- At least two years of working experience in the Greek refugee context
- Proven working experience with vulnerable groups
- Cultural sensitivity and excellent communication skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for the above position, please submit your CV along with a Cover Letter in English quoting reference code “Shelter Officer-Larisa” in the subject line of the e-mail at: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview appointment. Order or priority will be held and the identification of candidates could take place before the vacancy’s ending date.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where you saw this job posting.
Closing date: 15/09/2022