Purpose/objective of the position:
|Reports to||Project Officer, Project Management Assistant|
The Shelter Officer will collaborate closely with the program beneficiaries to support access in affordable housing and familiarization with the everyday life in Epirus and Thessaly.
Shelter Officer Specific Tasks:
- Presenting the project to the eligible beneficiaries in the various locations of accommodation and assist IOM staff in the enrollment process;
- Organizing and holding information sessions to present beneficiaries with the implications of renting apartments independently and assist beneficiaries with any queries on their apartment leases.
- Provide information to beneficiaries on the location’s housing market both in group sessions and one-to-one depending on the need
- Assist beneficiaries in their search for apartments.
- Work directly with beneficiaries in transitioning out of emergency housing and connecting them to affordable housing solutions based on their socio-economic circumstances.
- Support beneficiaries in establishing an understanding of housing costs.
- Work closely with landlords/housing providers to develop incentive models for housing affordability and omptly responding to any queries of the owners.
- Identify and contact potential apartment owners interested in signing a lease agreement directly with beneficiaries
- Visiting the apartments and performing a verification of the accommodation standards
- Maintain contact and follow up with the owner until a lease agreement is signed.
- Accompany beneficiaries through the lease negotiations as well as any other legal and bureaucratic procedures associated with housing.
- Collect timely and accurately the documentation provided by beneficiaries concerning their rental payments and Promptly sharing the information collected in order to initiate payments
- Deliver workshops and individual guidance to beneficiaries regarding the maintenance of the apartment Troubleshoot any logistical or administrative problems.
- Upload the information and pictures of the apartments fulfilling the necessary criteria to the system;
- Ensure services are delivered on time and are not duplicated by other project partners.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide regular progress reports to Project Officer.
- Perform any other tasks as may be requested or required by the job.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for the above position, please send your CV, along with a Cover Letter in English until the 28th of March at email@example.com All CVs will be evaluated by our HR Department with absolute discretion. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview appointment. Order or priority will be held and the identification of candidate could take place before vacancy’s ending date.