Terms of Reference
|Job Title||Logistcs Coordinator|
|Reports to (Hierarchical & Functional)||Hierarchical: Legal Representative/Executive Director, Technical: HQ Logistics Unit Coordinator|
|Job Type||IOM – “Hellenic Integration Support for Beneficiaries of International Protection-HELIOS”|
|Donor – Project Title||14/04/2022|
Duties and tasks Purpose/objective of the position:
Defining and implementing all supply and technical logistics strategies and support to the projects, ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics and supply programmes, adequacy of the means provided and the compliance to INTERSOS standard, protocols and procedures in order to enable the development of the projectsin perfect working conditions and optimise the impact of the projects. The Logistics Coordinator will work closely with Program and administrative staff to ensure comprehensive reporting, support and assistance to all INTERSOS activities. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the logistics management of IMP software.
Management and Programme Quality
• Participate actively in the definition and update of annual project planning and budgets, defining strategies and providing advice to the Senior Project Manager in the translation of the identified logistics/technical needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for the program.
• Responsible for monitoring the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the mission (construction and rehabilitation, stock and supply of medical and non-medical material, fleet management and transport, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, Safety Security rules (implementation and enforcement, ICT, assets etc.)
• Ensure compliance of INTERSOS Hellas standards, protocols and procedures, across the program and according to donor requirements including procurement, and reporting to the Legal representative on the development of the ongoing programmes and proposing reorientation strategies when needed
• Responsible for ensuring technical reference and support for all logistics/technical issues in the projects,
• Responsible for ensuring installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and facilities in an adequate living condition as well as all the equipment required
• Responsible for ensuring the proper purchase use, maintenance and registration of IT assets and office equipment (computers, software, backups, etc.) and communication tools as well as the communication means in the Program (including numbers), allowing permanent communication between capital, projects, bases and HQ. Ensuring all staff in the projects benefits from proper training on how to use communications equipment available in the projects (e.g, computers, etc.)
• Develop and implement service contract management instructions, policies and procedures. Examine and re-evaluate existing service contracts and overseeing regular rent,utilities payments (i.e., electricity, water, gas, etc.), office maintenance contracts and running costs procedures. Ensure that they are properly handled by Administration and/or Focal Points
• Maintain and update an established suppliers list per base, in coordination with Programs and Admin/Finance Department
• He / She is responsible for ensuring the good storage of all projects’ materials within warehouse/stock, in respect of the INTERSOS Supply SOPs
• Check and coordinate that goods deliveries are done as planned and properly stored
• Ensure that the fleet is checked, regularly maintained and that vehicles are insured and taxes are paid
• Responsible for identifying potential suppliers, following the prequalification process, conducting the yearly evaluation and maintenance of prequalified status of existing suppliers.
• Responsible for quality assurance standards and certification
Monitoring and Reporting
• In collaboration with the Legal Representative, is responsible for co-defining and monitoring the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the projects security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, monitoring on a daily basis the security rules observation and reporting to the Legal Representative of any problem. For this purpose, in case of absence of a dedicated Security Focal Point, the Logistics Coordinator will have to create an appropriate environment to facilitate exchange of information on security situation and will be the security back up in the absence of the Legal representative
• Plan and perform field audits to ensure consistency in process application and proper documentation and filing are maintained
• Monitoring overall procurement performance for the projects. Ensure effective and cost- efficient procurement planning by liaising with technical staff, Project Managers to ensure that procurement plans are detailed, in place and up to date. Carry out research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
• Follow-up on proper monitoring of fuel consumption and use of vehicle log-book, maintenance log, oil log and other fleet formats and templates by field logistics staff. Ensure that proper documentation of vehicles (i.e. lease, insurance, mechanical inspection, etc.) is properly handled by logistics staffs
Initiate regular fixed assets and inventory check on a quarterly basis
Ensures the production of mission level’s SOPs (if needed) for the Logistics needs
Provides monthly reporting to the Legal representative and Logistics Unit Coordinator (through IMP) and related people on projects evolution from the technical/logistics perspective and propose corrections if needed
Finance and Administration
Coordinate with the Admin and Finance Department to ensure that payment processes to suppliers are made on-time and respecting the financial systems
In collaboration with the Admin and Finance department, is responsible to produce/adapt SOPs and guidelines concerning procurement, contract management, suppliers’ management and fleet management.
Human Resources and Personnel Management
Ensure the creation and maintaining of respectful and positive working relationships, which allow for the effective implementation of all activities.
Ensure smooth communication is established and maintain within the team and with other supporting entities.
Perform other tasks and duties as required in order to ensure a correct implementation of project activities
As per main duties outlined above the Logistics Coordinator is responsible for:
• Attend Internal Coordination Meetings
• Attend General Coordination Meetings
• Provide Operational reports as necessary
• Provide incident/security reports as necessary
As per required the Logistics Coordinator should be copied in relation to:
• General Team issues
• Coordination Issues
• Planning matters
• Human resource matters for logistics team – staff leave, absence, illness, other business.
• Administrative Issues in relation to the Logistics department
• Able to plan ahead and forecast the needs of the project on time
• Teamwork and cooperation oriented
• Able to manage a team and work on its development
• Strategic vision
Education and Experience:
• Degree in Logistics required
• Masters degree in Logistics will be an asset
• At least 2 years past experience in similar position
• Past experience in the Humanitarian Field would be highly valued