Terms of Reference
|Job Title||Finance Officer|
|Duty Station||Athens, Thessaloniki, Ioannina, Larisa|
|Donor – Project Title||IOM – “Hellenic Integration Support for Beneficiaries of International Protection and Temporary Protection”|
|Reports to||Legal Representative/Executive Director|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Purpose/Objective of the position
The Finance Officer is responsible for the proper technical performance of all accounting-financial activities of the mission and its projects. In this context, he/she ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization procedures
Reporting to The Legal Representative, to whom he/she submits a written monthly report, elaborated according to a standard form/template designed by the Legal Representative, pertaining to the development of the activities and critical issues identified.
Main responsibilities and Program representation tasks:
- To ensure compliance with INTERSOS Hellas and donors’ procedures;
- To prepare and submit for the approval of the Legal Representative the country and project economic and financial plan, in accordance with financial and budget constraints, following the indications of the Legal Representative and Project Managers, using the tools and templates provided by the procedural Protocols;
- To submit the economic and financial plan of the country to the Legal Representative for approval, and provide the Legal Representative and Project Managers with regular planning control data, highlighting any variances, errors and issues that may arise;
- To manage country and project accounting and coordinate administrative personnel;
- To assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures; shortages or thefts must be reported, bearing the joint signature of both, the Country Finance Coordinator and the Legal Representative;
- To update the economic and financial status of the mission and related-projects, in terms of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity;
- To check the interim and final financial reports and submit them to the Project Managers and Legal Representative for approval;
- To ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and conformity to INTERSOS Hellas and donors’ procedures.
- To provide support to the Legal Representative on the drafting of new projects.
- To ensure correct budget processing, checking conformity and consistency of expense items, as well as accordance with procedures in force;
- To foresee the staff costs in order to deliver the budget to the donors when required.
- To complete staff’s salary payments.
- To assess new administrative requirements against estimated activities.
- To be responsible for mission administrative-accounting documents and all finished project documentation.
- To set up, organize and manage the financial files pertaining the mission and in local projects, based on criteria defined by the Protocols.
- Perform other tasks and duties as required in order to ensure a correct implementation of project activities
Past experience & Skills
- Degree in Finance or Business Administration required
- Master’s degree in Finance or Business Administration will be an asset
- At least 2 years past experience in similar position
- Past experience in the Humanitarian Field would be highly valued
- Greek native speaker, excellent command in English both written and verbal
- Able to plan ahead and forecast the needs of the project on time
- Teamwork and cooperation oriented
- Able to manage a team and work on its development
- Strategic vision
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, especially in managing relationships with the teams;
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for the above position, please submit your CV along with a Cover Letter in English quoting reference code “Finance Officer” in the subject line of the e-mail at: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview appointment. Order or priority will be held and the identification of candidates could take place before the vacancy’s ending date.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where you saw this job posting.
Closing date: 27/01/2023