Reports to: Cultural Mediators Team Leader
Duties and tasks – Purpose/objective of the position:
As Cultural Mediator the member of staff is co-responsible for the implementation of the CWC Strategy of INTERSOS in Greece. As an expert in 2 or more language groups the person is responsible for both translating where necessary and offering cultural mediation support where necessary. While the duality of the role is challenging INTERSOS sees this role as a key part of mainstreaming community-based responses, engaging beneficiaries and providing culturally sensitive services to the beneficiaries it hosts in languages they can understand.
Programme Quality and Specific CM tasks
– Assist in the implementation of any activity connected to the project at hand where liaison with beneficiaries is concerned
– Commit to the implementation of activities are per scheduling provided by the Cultural Mediators Team Leader
– Translate and mediate between the beneficiaries and other project staff
– Translate and mediate between the beneficiaries and services that INTERSOS accompanies beneficiaries to Interpret and assist the distribution of NFIs and the implementation of hygiene promotion activities or any other site/accommodation management related task.
– Assume the duty of protecting confidential information about the beneficiaries to ensure every person’s confidentiality and privacy is respected.
– Support in Communicating with Communities, mobilising communities and the implementation of feedback mechanisms, representation mechanisms and other initiatives requested by beneficiaries or planned by INTERSOS
-Support any protection related activity as required by the protection response, including case work, protection information delivery, individual counselling etc.
– Support in the registration and welcoming of beneficiaries.
– Provide feedback to and recommendations on interactions with beneficiaries
– Contribute to the creation of information material and the translation of relevant documentation
Monitoring and Reporting
– Provide regular progress reports to the Cultural Mediator Team Leader and other focal points where required
– To provide on weekly basis the updated requirements to the Cultural Mediator Team Leader
– Perform any other tasks as may be requested or required by the job
As per main duties outlined above the Cultural Mediator will:
– Attend weekly/biweekly meetings together with other Colleagues
– Attend General Meetings
As per required the Cultural Mediator should be copied in relation to
– General Team issues
– General sector issues
– Specific Cultural Mediation or CWC Issues
– CWC-related communication
Past Experience and Skills:
– Native speaker of at least one of the following languages: Sorani/Kurmanji, Arabic, French, Farsi
– At least one year working experience in a related field; previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered as a strong advantage
– University degree will be considered as an asset
– Basic Computer skills
– High professional ethics
– Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
– Multi-tasking and organizational skills
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for the above position, please submit your CV along with a Cover Letter in English until the 22nd of December at firstname.lastname@example.org .
All CVs will be evaluated by our HR Department with absolute discretion. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview appointment. Order or priority will be held and the identification of candidate could take place before vacancy’s ending date.