Terms of Reference
|Job Title||Communication Officer|
|Reports to||Senior Program Manager/ Legal Representative|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Duration||3 months (with the possibility of extension)|
Main responsibilities and Program representation tasks:
- Leads and advises the planning of initiatives in relation to communication, advocacy and outreach initiatives
- Raise awareness of “Helios” project aiming to the targeted population
- Design and implement communication activities related to the “Helios” project
- Ensure that the communication activities will be in line with the communication guidelines
- Edits INTERSOS Hellas web site and ensures credible and reliable running and maintenance.
- Plans, elaborates and executes activities in accordance with the communication strategy of the organization
- Identifies and develops storylines along with substantive articles to be published on web and in other media.
- Supports staff members on communication processes.
- Writes and distributes press releases to print, radio and television.
- Creates and launches targeted marketing campaigns
- Develops internal newsletters for employees
- Ensures that the website of INTERSOS Hellas and all social media accounts are up to date at all times, with core institutional information of the project.
- Uses the necessary tools to make INTERSOS Hellas website a hub of information for both property owners and beneficiaries who wish to participate in the Project
- Utilizes digital marketing techniques to create a competitive Public Information strategy for the project
- He/she will participate in and organize events, platforms and fora for the dissemination of information that will target the provision of support
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field
- Relevant Master’s Degree would be considered an asset.
- At least two years of similar work experience is required.
- Demonstrated and extensive social media experience
- Excellent written and oral English and Greek communication skills
- Proficiency in basic design and layout skills, adept in using Adobe Photoshop and content management systems will be highly valued
- Interpersonal skills, strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Computer skills: knowledge of MS Office and competence with data management and data inputs in IT platforms
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for the above position, please submit your CV along with a Cover Letter in English quoting reference code “Communication Officer” in the subject line of the e-mail at: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview appointment. Order or priority will be held and the identification of candidates could take place before the vacancy’s ending date.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where you saw this job posting.
Closing date: 31/03/2023