Terms of Reference
|Job Title||Advocacy Officer|
|Reports to||Head of Mission|
The main goal of the project is to access and respond to the most urgent needs of refugees, asylum seekers and irregular migrants in Athens while strengthening the capacities of local and community-based organizations.
Purpose/objective of the position
Contribute to the development of advocacy activities in the Mission by supporting in the analysis of context, humanitarian situation, security and in the definition of advocacy strategies, according to INTERSOS policies and values, in order to improve the humanitarian and human rights situation among population.
Management and Programme Quality
- Perform data collection and research concerning local context, with regards to the refugee and migration crisis in Greece.
- Support the Head of Mission and Project Manager in the analysis of the data collected, in order to better orientate the programs and projects, to provide an optimal response to population needs.
- Compile a mapping exercise of all actors and stakeholders, such as NGO’s, UN, ICRC, donors, authorities and other actors, while keep providing regular updates of the stakeholders’ ongoing activities and plans.
- Define and review messages, tools, activities and other advocacy action plans and strategies, in order to raise all humanitarian issues in the mission and seek assistance and protection to affected population.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key interlocutors – authorities, local communities, UN agencies, other humanitarian actors, international stakeholders etc., to promote INTERSOS priorities, concerns and coordinate initiatives
- Participates in the elaboration and updating of the Country Risk Analysis
- Promotes and assists in the implementation of advocacy activities locally and nationally.
- Support collection and analysis of data (briefing papers, talking points, reports etc.) to inform operational positioning and advocacy efforts
- Organise discussions, training, briefings, etc. on humanitarian principles, monitoring/data collection, stakeholder
Past experience and skills
- Essential degree in Law, Humanitarian affairs, Political Sciences or related university degree. Master’s degree will be considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in research, analysis and advocacy. Experience in INTERSOS or other NGO is an essential.
- Essential Greek and English (written and spoken).
- Essential computer literacy
- Ability to work with a tight schedule, with little supervision and under pressure;
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Previous experiences in Greece (desirable)
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Interpersonal skills, strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for the above position, please submit your CV along with a Cover Letter in English quoting reference code “Advocacy Officer” in the subject line of the e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview appointment. Order or priority will be held and the identification of candidate could take place before vacancy’s ending date. To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where you saw this job posting.
Closing date: 19/06/2022