Terms of Reference
|Job Title||Admin / Finance Assistant|
|Project||“HELIOS-Hellenic Integration Support for Beneficiaries of International Protection”|
|Reports to||Finance Coordinator|
Purpose/objective of the position:
The Admin – Finance Assistant is responsible to support of the proper technical implementation of all accounting-financial activities of the project. In this context, he/she ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization’s procedures. He/she is responsible to support, INTERSOS finance activities and staff with administrative tasks on a daily basis. He/she is expected to be honest and transparent and keep the necessary level of confidentiality on information acquired on the job.
Management and Program Quality
Finance and Administration
• Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
• Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and bills and inform the Finance Coordinator in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
• Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the Finance Coordinator of any sort of disparity.
• Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
• Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the Finance Coordinator.
• File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting file, with the support from the Finance Coordinator.
• Handling all payments to suppliers and contractors as requested and authorized by management staff and immediate supervisor, both by cash and by bank transfers
• In charge of daily book keeping and cash counts
• To assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures; shortages or thefts must be reported
• Ensuring a good filing of the financial files and records
• To ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spent in accordance with INTERSOS and donors rules and regulations, support annual auditing procedures
• Daily administrative office tasks
• Collaborate with the field team to gather the Logbooks per vehicle and deliver them to the Logistics Coordinator.
• Collaborate with the field team to gather the Timesheets, Contracts and Payslips and deliver them to the HR Coordinator.
• Support Finance Coordinator in filling of documentation in preparation of internal or external audit procedures.
• Reporting Requirements
- Provide Monthly report to the Finance Coordinator
As per required the Finance Assistant should be copied in relation to
– Administrative Issues
– Dissemination of Information in relation to general Finance Matters
– PRs and IMP
– Preparation of Finance Files
Minimum Requirements and Past Experience
– Good understanding of English, both written and verbal is mandatory; Native Greek speaker is mandatory
– Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach, rigor and attention to detail.
– Ability to integrate and work well within multi-ethnic and multicultural team;
– Ability to achieve results effectively, considering the need for speed, scale and quality;
– Good Knowledge and skills in computer usage including word, excel, power point, and social media;
– Relevant degree in finance, business or administration;
– Desirable Essential previous working experience of at least 1 year in relevant job
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for the above position, please submit your CV along with a Cover Letter in English quoting reference code “Admin / Finance Assistant” in the subject line of the e-mail at: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview appointment. Order or priority will be held and the identification of candidate could take place before vacancy’s ending date.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where you saw this job posting.
Closing date: 10/05/2022